Linked Data-based Conceptual Modelling for Recommendation: A FCA-Based Approach
In a recommendation task it is crucial to have an accurate content-based description of the users and the items. Linked Open Data (LOD) has been demonstrated as one of the best ways of obtaining this kind of content. The main question is to know how useful the LOD information is in inferring user preferences and how to obtain it. We propose a novel approach for Content Modelling and Recommendation based on Formal Concept Analysis (FCA). The approach is based in the modelling of the user and content related information, enriched with LOD, and in a new algorithm to analyze the models and recommend new content. The framework provided by the ESWC 2014 Recommendation Challenge is used for the evaluation. The results are within the average range of other participants, but further work has to be carried out to refine the approach using LOD information.
KeywordsLinked Data Recommender Systems Formal Concept Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Eswc 2014, recommendation challenge: http://challenges.2014.eswc-conferences.org/
- 4.Damljanovic, D., Stankovic, M., Laublet, P.: Linked data-based concept recommendation: Comparison of different methods in open innovation scenario. In: Simperl, E., Cimiano, P., Polleres, A., Corcho, O., Presutti, V. (eds.) ESWC 2012. LNCS, vol. 7295, pp. 24–38. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Di Noia, T., Mirizzi, R., Ostuni, V.C., Romito, D., Zanker, M.: Linked open data to support content-based recommender systems. In: Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Semantic Systems, pp. 1–8. ACM (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Ganter, B., Wille, R., Franzke, C.: Formal concept analysis: mathematical foundations. Springer (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, X., Murata, T.: A knowledge-based recommendation model utilizing formal concept analysis and association. In: ICCAE, vol. 4, pp. 221–226 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Ostuni, V.C., Di Noia, T., Di Sciascio, E., Mirizzi, R.: Top-n recommendations from implicit feedback leveraging linked open data. In: Proc. of the 7th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, RecSys 2013, NY, pp. 85–92 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Ricci, F., Shapira, B.: Recommender systems handbook. Springer (2011)Google Scholar