Generation of SEFDM-Signals Using FFT/IFFT
A study of Spectrally Efficient Frequency Division Multiplexing (SEFDM) signals generation is done. Three new algorithms for generation and reception of SEFDM-signals based on FFT/IFFT are proposed. Their complexity and conditions of applicability are analyzed. It is shown that the proposed schemes outperform the proposed earlier by 1,2-6 times. The BER performance of the developed methods for AWGN channel is analyzed, it is shown that the number of the guard subcarriers significantly affects the BER performance of SEFDM (up to 4 dB energy loss when doubling the guard part of the signal).
KeywordsOFDM SEFDM computational complexity BER performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang, X., Ai, W., Shuai, T., Li, D.: A fast decoding algorithm for non-orthogonal frequency division multiplexing signals. In: International Conference on Communications and Networking in China (CHINACOM), pp. 595–598 (August 2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Kanaras, I., Chorti, A., Rodrigues, M., Darwazeh, I.: Analysis of Sub-optimum detection techniques for a bandwidth efficient multi-carrier communication system. In: Proceedings of the Cranfield Multi-Strand Conference, pp. 505–510. Cranfield University (May 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Kanaras, I., Chorti, A., Rodrigues, M., Darwazeh, I.: Spectrally Efficient FDM Signals: Bandwidth Gain at the Expense of Receiver Complexity. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2009 (June 2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Kanaras, I., Chorti, A., Rodrigues, M., Darwazeh, I.: A New Quasi-Optimal Detection Algorithm for a Non Orthogonal Spectrally Efficient FDM. In: International Symposium on Communication and Information Technologies, pp. 460–465 (September 2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Ahmed, S., Darwazeh, I.: IDFT Based Transmitters for Spectrally Efficient FDM System. In: London Communication Symposium (September 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Sergienko, A.B.: Digital signal processing / A. B. Sergienko – SPb, 608p. Piter (2002)Google Scholar