A Comparative Analysis of Beaconless Opportunistic Routing Protocols for Video Dissemination over Flying Ad-Hoc Networks
A reliable and robust routing service for Flying Ad-Hoc Networks (FANETs) must be able to adapt to topology changes, and also to recover the quality level of the delivered multiple video flows under dynamic network topologies. The user experience on watching live videos must also be satisfactory even in scenarios with network congestion, buffer overflow, and packet loss ratio, as experienced in many FANET multimedia applications. In this paper, we perform a comparative simulation study to assess the robustness, reliability, and quality level of videos transmitted via well-known beaconless opportunistic routing protocols. Simulation results shows that our developed protocol XLinGO achieves multimedia dissemination with Quality of Experience (QoE) support and robustness in a multi-hop, multi-flow, and mobile networks, as required in many multimedia FANET scenarios.
KeywordsFANETs Multiple video flows Opportunistic Routing QoE support Robustness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Rosário, D., Zhao, Z., Braun, T.I., Cerqueira, E., Santos, A., Alyafawi, I.: Opportunistic Routing for Multi-flow Video Dissemination over Flying Ad-Hoc Networks. In: 15th IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks. IEEE, Sydney (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Rosario, D., Zhao, Z., Silva, C., Cerqueira, E., Braun, T.: An omnet++ framework to evaluate video transmission in mobile wmsn. In: 6th International Workshop on OMNeT++, Cannes, pp. 277–284 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhao, Z., Braun, T., Rosário, D., Cerqueira, E., Immich, R., Curado, M.: QoE-aware FEC mechanism for intrusion detection in multi-tier WMSNs. In: Inter. Workshop on Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks, Barcelona, pp. 697–704 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Library, V.: YUV Video Sequences (June 2014), http://trace.eas.asu.edu/yuv/
- 14.A Set of Videos Transmitted via XLinGO, LinGO, BLR, BOSS, and MRR together with Original Videos (April 2014), https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102508553201652207043/102508553201652207043/posts
- 15.Aguiar, E., Riker, A., Cerqueira, E., Abelém, A., Mu, M., Braun, T., Curado, M., Zeadally, S.: A Real-time Video Quality Estimator for Emerging Wireless Multimedia Systems. Wireless Networks, 1–18 (2014)Google Scholar