A CNL for Contract-Oriented Diagrams
We present a first step towards a framework for defining and manipulating normative documents or contracts described as Contract-Oriented (C-O) Diagrams. These diagrams provide a visual representation for such texts, giving the possibility to express a signatory’s obligations, permissions and prohibitions, with or without timing constraints, as well as the penalties resulting from the non-fulfilment of a contract. This work presents a CNL for verbalising C-O Diagrams, a web-based tool allowing editing in this CNL, and another for visualising and manipulating the diagrams interactively. We then show how these proof-of-concept tools can be used by applying them to a small example.
Keywordsnormative texts electronic contracts c-o diagrams controlled natural language grammatical framework
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Díaz, G., Cambronero, M.E., Martínez, E., Schneider, G.: Specification and Verification of Normative texts using C-O Diagrams. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Martínez, E., Cambronero, E., Diaz, G., Schneider, G.: A Model for Visual Specification of e-Contracts. In: IEEE SCC 2010, pp. 1–8. IEEE Computer Society (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Ranta, A.: Grammatical Framework: Programming with Multilingual Grammars. CSLI Publications, Stanford (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Ranta, A.: The GF Resource Grammar Library. Linguistic Issues in Language Technology 2(2) (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Navara, E.D., Pfeiffer, S., Berjon, R., Faulkner, S., Leithead, T., O’Connor, E.: HTML5. Candidate recommendation, W3C (2014), http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/CR-html5-20140204/
- 8.Kuhn, T.: A Survey and Classification of Controlled Natural Languages. Computational Linguistics 40(1) (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Fuchs, N.E., Schwertel, U., Schwitter, R.: Attempto Controlled English (ACE) Language Manual, Version 3.0. Technical Report 99.03, Department of Computer Science, University of Zurich (1999)Google Scholar
- 15.Kuhn, T.: Controlled English for Knowledge Representation. Doctoral thesis, University of Zurich (2010)Google Scholar