Service Development and Architecture Management for an Enterprise SOA
We report on service development and architecture management practices for an enterprise SOA in the financial domain. First we describe how services are currently developed by one of the largest service providers for the financial domain in Austria. Then we show how we have introduced various practices and tools for architecture management over the last years. We have specifically implemented support for architecture extraction, architecture visualization, automatic architecture analysis, and architecture reviews as part of quality gates in the service development process. Finally, we report on lessons learned both in the area of service development and architecture management as well as on existing challenges and future work in this area.
KeywordsSOA service-based development enterprise architecture architecture management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Buchgeher, G., Weinreich, R.: Continuous software architecture analysis. In: Babar, M.A., Brown, A.W., Mistrik, I. (eds.) Agile Software Architecture. Aligning Agile Processes and Software Architectures, pp. 161–188. Newnes (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Clements, P.: Documenting software architectures: views and beyond. Addison-Wesley, Upper Saddle (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Hofmeister, C.: Architecting session report. In: WICSA 2005: Proceedings of the 5th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA 2005), pp. 209–210. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Rozanski, N., Woods, E.: Software systems architecture: working with stakeholders using viewpoints and perspectives., 2nd edn. Addison-Wesley, Upper Saddle River (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Weinreich, R., Buchgeher, G.: Automatic reference architecture conformance checking for soa-based software systems. In: 11th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA). IEEE Computer Society Press (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Weinreich, R., Miesbauer, C., Buchgeher, G., Kriechbaum, T.: Extracting and facilitating architecture in service-oriented software systems. In: 2012 Joint 10th IEEE/IFIP Working Conference on Software Architecture & 6th European Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA-ECSA 2012). IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Weinreich, R., Wiesauer, A., Kriechbaum, T.: A service lifecycle and information model for service-oriented architectures. In: International Conference on Advanced Service Computing (Service Computation 2009), pp. 346–352 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Westfall, L.: The certified software quality engineer handbook. ASQ Quality Press, Milwaukee (2009)Google Scholar