Statistical Dialog Manager Design Tool for Health Screening and Assessments
We focus on creating a programming tool which enables to create dialog managers for speech-enabled IVA applications in the standardized health screening and assessment domain. Our approach aims to bridge the gap between the intelligent virtual agents (IVA) and the spoken dialog systems (SDS) research communities for the delivery of standardized health interviews by embodied conversational agents (ECA).
Keywordsspoken dialogue system partially observable Markov decision processes (POMDP) reinforcement learning embodied conversational agent (ECA) intelligent virtual agents (IVA) brief intervention behavior change alcoholism
- 2.of Health, U.D., Services, H.: Alcohol screening and brief intervention for youth: A practitioner’s guide (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Lisetti, C., Amini, R., Yasavur, U., Rishe, N.: I can help you change! an empathic virtual agent delivers behavior change health interventions. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (TMIS) 4(4), 19 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Morbini, F., Forbell, E., DeVault, D., Sagae, K., Traum, D.R., Rizzo, A.A.: A mixed-initiative conversational dialogue system for healthcare. In: Proceedings of the 13th Annual Meeting of the Special Interest Group on Discourse and Dialogue, SIGDIAL 2012, pp. 137–139. Association for Computational Linguistics, Stroudsburg (2012), http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2392800.2392825 Google Scholar
- 6.Williams, J.D.: Incremental partition recombination for efficient tracking of multiple dialog states. In: 2010 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 5382–5385. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Young, S., Gašić, M., Thomson, B., Williams, J.: Pomdp-based statistical spoken dialog systems: A review (2013)Google Scholar