Regularized Dynamic Self Organized Neural Network Inspired by the Immune Algorithm for Financial Time Series Prediction
A novel type of recurrent neural network, the regularized Dynamic Self Organised Neural Network Inspired by the Immune Algorithm, is presented. The Regularization technique is used with the Dynamic self-organized multilayer perceptrons network that is inspired by the immune algorithm. The regularization has been addressed to improve the generalization and to solve the over-fitting problem. The results of an average 30 simulations generated from ten stationary signals are demonstrates. The results of the proposed network were compared with the regularized multilayer neural networks and the regularized self organized neural network inspired by the immune algorithm. The simulation results indicated that the proposed network showed better values in terms of the annualized return in comparison to the benchmarked networks.
KeywordsDynamic neural network exchange rate time series and financial time series prediction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kamruzzaman, J.: ANN-Based Forecasting of Foreign Currency Exchange Rates. Neural Information Processing - Letters and Reviews 3(2), 49–58 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Espinoza, R., Lombardi, M.J., Fornari, F.: The role of financial variableS in PredicTing economic activity. ECB Working Paper Series, vol. (1108). Frankfurt am Main, Germany (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Leondes, C.T.: Intelligent Knowledge-Based Systems: Business and Technology in the New Millennium illustrate. Springer (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Krollner, B.: Risk Management in the Australian Stockmarket using Artificial Neural networks, PhD Thesis (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Tan, T.Z., Quek, C., Ng, G.S.: Brain-inspired Genetic Complementary Learning for Stock Market Prediction. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, pp. 2653–2660 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Ahmadifard, M., Sadenejad, F., Mohammadi, I., Aramesh, K.: Forecasting stock market return using ANFIS: the case of Tehran Stock Exchange. International Journal of Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Science 1(5), 452–459 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Mahdi, A.: The Application of Neural Network inFinancial Time Series Analysis and Prediction Using Immune System. Liverpool John Moores University (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Mahdi, A., Hussain, A., Al-Jumeily, D.: The Prediction of Non-Stationary Physical Time Series Using the Application of Regularization Technique in Self-organised Multilayer Perceptrons Inspired by the Immune Algorithm. E-systems Eng., 213–218 (September 2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Jordan, M.I.: Attractor dynamics and parallelism in a connectionist sequential machine. In: Artificial Neural Networks, NJ, USA, pp. 112–127. IEEE Press, Piscataway (1990)Google Scholar
- 13.Bishop, C.M.: Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition, Cambridge, UK (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.Thomason, M.: The practitioner method and tools. J. Comput. Intell. Financ. 7(3), 36–45 (1999)Google Scholar
- 16.Dunis, C.L., Williams, M.: Applications of Advanced Regression Analysis for Trading and Investment. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. (2003)Google Scholar