An All-in-One Toolkit for Automated White-Box Testing
Automated white-box testing is a major issue in software engineering. Over the years, several tools have been proposed for supporting distinct parts of the testing process. Yet, these tools are mostly separated and most of them support only a fixed and restricted subset of testing criteria. We describe in this paper Frama-C/LTest, a generic and integrated toolkit for automated white-box testing of C programs. LTest provides a unified support of many different testing criteria as well as an easy integration of new criteria. Moreover, it is designed around three basic services (test coverage estimation, automatic test generation, detection of uncoverable objectives) covering most major aspects of white-box testing and taking benefit from a combination of static and dynamic analyses. Services can cooperate through a shared coverage database. Preliminary experiments demonstrate the possibilities and advantages of such cooperations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ammann, P., Offutt, A.J.: Introduction to software testing. Cambridge University Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Bardin, S., Kosmatov, N., Cheynier, F.: Efficient Leveraging of Symbolic Execution to Advanced Coverage Criteria. In: ICST 2014. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Chebaro, O., Kosmatov, N., Giorgetti, A., Julliand, J.: Program slicing enhances a verification technique combining static and dynamic analysis. In: SAC 2012. ACM, New York (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Godefroid, P., Klarlund, N., Sen, K.: DART: Directed Automated Random Testing. In: PLDI 2005. ACM, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Godefroid, P., Levin, M.Y., Molnar, D.: Automated Whitebox Fuzz Testing. In: NDSS 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Petiot, G., Kosmatov, N., Giorgetti, A., Julliand, J.: How Test Generation Helps Software Specification and Deductive Verification in Frama-C. In: Seidl, M., Tillmann, N. (eds.) TAP 2014. LNCS, vol. 8570, pp. 204–211. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Williams, N., Marre, B., Mouy, P.: On-the-Fly Generation of K-Path Tests for C Functions. In: ASE 2004. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar