A New Approach to Economic Production Quantity Problems with Fuzzy Parameters and Inventory Constraint
In this paper, we will develop a new multi-item economic production quantity model with limited storage space. This new model will then be extended to allow for fuzzy demand and solved numerically with a non-linear programming solver for two cases: in the first case the optimization problem will be defuzzified with the signed distance measure and in the second case, the storage constraint needs to be fulfilled, only to a certain degree of possibility. Both cases are solved and illustrated with an example.
KeywordsEconomic Production Quantity Triangular fuzzy numbers Inventory constraint Signed distance Chance constrained optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Björk, K.-M.: The economic production quantity problem with a finite production rate and fuzzy cycle time. In: Proceedings of the 41th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2008), pp. 68–68. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Björk, K.-M.: A Multi-item Fuzzy Economic Production Quantity Problem with a Finite Production Rate. Int. J. Prod. Econ. 135, 702–707 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Björk, K.-M., Carlsson, C.: The Outcome of Imprecise Lead Times on the Distributors. In: Proceedings of the 38th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2005), pp. 81–90. IEEE (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Carlsson, C., Fullér, R.: Soft computing and the Bullwhip effect. Econ. Comp. 2(3), 1–26 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Harris, F.W.: How many parts to make at once. Mag. Manage. 10, 135–136 (1913)Google Scholar