Cost-Sensitive Sequential Three-Way Decision for Face Recognition
Recent years have witnessed an increasing interest in Three-Way Decision (TWD) model. In contrast to traditional two-way decision model, TWD incorporates a boundary decision, which presents a delay-decision choice when available information for a precise decision is insufficient. The boundary decision can be transformed into positive decision or negative decision with the increasing of available information, thus forming a sequential three-way decision process. In real-world decision problems, such sequential three-way decision strategies are frequently used in human decision process. In this paper, we propose a framework of cost-sensitive sequential three-way decision approach to simulate the human decision process in face recognition: a sequential decision process from rough granularity to precise granularity strategy. Both theoretic analysis and experimental verification are presented in this paper.
Keywordssequential three-way decision cost-sensitive learning face recognition decision-theoretic rough sets
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Yao, Y.Y., Wong, S.K.M., Lingras, P.: A decision-theoretic rough set model. In: Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, vol. 5, pp. 17–24 (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, H.X., Zhou, X.Z., Zhao, J.B., Huang, B.: Cost-sensitive classification based on decision-theoretic rough set model. In: Li, T., Nguyen, H.S., Wang, G., Grzymala-Busse, J., Janicki, R., Hassanien, A.E., Yu, H. (eds.) RSKT 2012. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 7414, pp. 379–388. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Jia, X.Y., Shang, L., Chen, J.J.: Attribute reduction based on minimum decision cost. Journal of Frontiers of Computer Science and Technology 5, 155–160 (2011) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, D., Li, H.X., Zhou, X.Z.: Two decades’ research on decision-theoretic rough sets. In: Proc. 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics and Cognitive Computing (ICCI* CC), pp. 968–973. IEEE CS Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Yao, Y.Y., Deng, X.F.: Sequential three-way decisions with probabilistic rough sets. In: Proc. 10th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics and Cognitive Computing (ICCI* CC), pp. 120–125. IEEE CS Press (2011)Google Scholar
- 19.Kleinbaum, D.G., Klein, M.: Logistic regression: A self-learning text. Springer (2010)Google Scholar
- 21.Martinez, A.M., Benavente, R.: The AR face database. CVC Technical Report 24 (1998)Google Scholar