Formulation and Simplification of Multi-Granulation Covering Rough Sets
The theory of multi-granulation rough sets is one kind of effective methods for knowledge discovery in multiple granular structures. Based on rough sets on a single granular structure, various kinds of multi-granulation rough set models are proposed in the past decades. In this paper, according to two kinds of covering rough sets on single-granulation covering approximation spaces, four types of multi-granulation covering rough set models are defined. Properties of new models are examined in detail, comparison of multi-granulation covering approximation operators is done. Finally, simplification of four types of multi-granulation covering rough sets is investigated.
KeywordsRough set Multi-granulation Covering rough set Simplification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Liu, C., Miao, D., Qian, J.: On multi-granulation covering rough sets. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijar.2014.01.002
- 10.Qian, Y.H., Liang, J.Y., Wei, W.: Pessimistic rough decision. In: Second International Workshop on Rough Sets Theory, pp. 440–449 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Yang, X., Dou, H., Yang, J.: Hybrid multigranulation rough sets based on equivalence relation. Computer Science 39, 165–169 (2012) (A Chinese journal)Google Scholar
- 17.Zakowski, W.: Approximations in the space (U, P). Demonstratio Mathematica IXV, 761–769 (1983)Google Scholar
- 18.Zhang, M., Tang, Z., Xu, W., Yang, X.: Variable multigranulation rough set model. Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence 25, 709–720 (2012) (A Chinese journal)Google Scholar