A Semantic Recommender System for Learning Based on Encyclopedia of Digital Publication
Digital publication is a useful and authoritative resource for knowledge and learning. How to use the knowledge in digital publication resources so as to enhance learning is an interesting and important task. Most of the recommender systems use users’ preferences or history data for computation, which cannot solve the problems such as cold start, scarcity of history data or preferences data. A semantic recommender system is presented in this paper based on encyclopedic knowledge from digital publication resources, without considering history data or preferences data for learning the knowledge of a specific domain. Semantic relatedness is computed between concepts from the encyclopedia. The related concepts are recommended to users when one concept is reviewed. The method shows potential usability for domain-specific knowledge service.
Keywordsrecommender system digital publication semantic relatedness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Manouselis, N., Drachsler, H., Verbert, K., Duval, E.: Recommender Systems for Learning, pp. 1–20. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Ameen, A., Khan, K.U.R., Rani, B.P.: Creation of Ontology in Education Domain. In: 4th International Conference on Technology for Education, pp. 237–238. IEEE Press, New York (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Encyclopedia of China, Chinese History I, II, III, http://shuyuan.apabi.com
- 10.Budanitsky, A., Hirst, G.: Semantic Distance in WordNet: An Experimental, Application-oriented Evaluation of Five Measures. In: Workshop on WordNet and Other Lexical Resources, Second Meeting of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Pittsburgh, USA (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Gabrilovich, E., Markovitch, S.: Computing Semantic Relatedness Using Wikipedia-based Explicit Semantic Analysis. In: 20th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1606–1611. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Strube, M., Ponzetto, S.P.: WikiRelate! Computing Semantic Relatedness Using Wikipedia. In: 21st National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, vol. 2, pp. 1419–1424. AAAI Press (2006)Google Scholar