A Steering Server for Collaborative Simulation of Quantitative Petri Nets
In this paper we present a Petri net simulation tool called Snoopy Steering and Simulation Server, S 4 for short, which works as a stand-alone extension of Snoopy. The server permits users to share and interactively steer quantitative Petri net models during a running simulation. Moreover, users can collaborate by controlling the execution of a model remotely from different machines (clients). S 4 is shipped with an Application Programming Interface (API) which enables user-defined extensions of the core functionalities. Stochastic, continuous and hybrid Petri nets are supported, both as low-level and coloured ones. S 4 is platform-independent and distributed free of charge for academic use.
Keywordsstochastic continuous hybrid Petri nets computational steering collaborative simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Boost website, http://www.boost.org/ (accessed: January 14, 2014)
- 2.CPN tools website, http://cpntools.org/ (accessed: January 10, 2014)
- 3.Virtual cell website, http://vcell.org/ (accessed: January 10, 2014)
- 4.wxWidgets website, http://www.wxwidgets.org/ (accessed: January 15, 2014)
- 5.Barkai, N., Leibler, S.: Biological rhythms: circadian clocks limited by noise. Nature 403, 267–268 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Herajy, M.: Computational Steering of Multi-Scale Biochemical Networks. Ph.D. thesis, BTU Cottbus, Dep. of CS (January 2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Herajy, M., Heiner, M.: Snoopy Computational Steering Framework – User Manual Version 1.0. Tech. Rep. 02-13, BTU Cottbus, Dept. of CS (July 2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Herajy, M., Heiner, M.: Petri net-based collaborative simulation and steering of biochemical reaction networks. Fundamenta Informatica (129), 49–67 (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.Marwan, W., Rohr, C., Heiner, M.: Petri nets in Snoopy: A unifying framework for the graphical display, computational modelling, and simulation of bacterial regulatory networks. In: Methods in Molec. Biol., vol. 804, ch. 1, pp. 409–437 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Nagasaki, M., Saito, A., Jeong, E., Li, C., Kojima, K., Ikeda, E., Miyano, S.: Cell Illustrator 4.0: a Computational Platform for Systems Biology. Silico Biology 10 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Rohr, C., Marwan, W., Heiner, M.: Snoopy - a unifying Petri net framework to investigate biomolecular networks. Bioinformatics 26(7), 974–975 (2010) (Advanced Access published February 7, 2010) Google Scholar