An Environment for Domestic Supervised Amblyopia Treatment
Amblyopia (also called lazy eye) is a condition in which the eye and the brain do not work properly together; this condition causes poor vision in the lazy eye. It involves around 4% of the children. We have devised a system for the diagnosis and treatment of amblyopia by using 3D technology. To be successful, the proposed treatment must be enjoyable and suitable for domestic use (for instance by watching TV) and carried out with a constant supervision by the doctors. We present a system in which patients and doctors exchange information about the prescribed activities.
KeywordsBinocular Vision Head Mount Display Occlusion Therapy Rehabilitation Module Amblyopic Child
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Fateh, S., Speeg, C.: Rebalancing the visual system of people with amblyopia “lazy eye” by using HMD and image enhancement. In: Shumaker, R. (ed.) Virtual and Mixed Reality. LNCS, vol. 5622, pp. 560–565. Springer, Heidelberg (2009), http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-02771-0
- 7.Gargantini, A.: Using 3D vision for the diagnosis and treatment of amblyopia in young children. In: International Conference on Health Informatics HEALTHINF (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Gargantini, A., Bana, M., Fabiani, F.: Using 3D for rebalancing the visual system of amblyopic children. In: 2011 International Conference on Virtual Rehabilitation (ICVR), pp. 1–7 (June 2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Thompson, T.G., Brailer, D.J.: The decade of health information technology: Delivering consumercentric and informationrich health care. US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Vitali, A., Facoetti, G., Gargantini, A.: An environment for contrast-based treatment of amblyopia using 3D technology. In: International Conference on Virtual Rehabilitation 2013, Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A, August 26-29 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Wei, H., Zhao, Y., Dong, F., Saleh, G., Ye, X., Clapworthy, G.: A cross-platform approach to the treatment of ambylopia. In: 2013 IEEE 13th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering (BIBE), pp. 1–4 (November 2013)Google Scholar