Mobile Solution Using NFC and In-Air Hand Gestures for Advertising Applications
In this paper we present an application based on Near Field Communication technology and oriented to advertising and user loyalty fields. The system combines NFC and in-air hand gestures with the purpose of creating an attractive leisure activity where customers are rewarded by shops with the possibility of obtaining a prize or discount on the purchases made. NFC is used for securing the participation of the user in the activity and for exchanging the prizes obtained. During the activity, users perform a fishing gesture (throwing and catching) with the mobile phone, simulating the capture of a prize that could be located anywhere in the shop. This gesture is recognized by mobile sensors. The tailoring of the system to specific business marketing strategies is also managed by the proposed solution.
KeywordsMobile Phone Mobile Application Gesture Recognition Mobile Sensor Marketing Campaign
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.NFC Forum (2013), http://www.nfc-forum.org/home
- 2.Garrido, P.C., Miraz, G.M., Ruiz, I.L., Go, X., Mez-Nieto, M.A.: A Model for the Development of NFC Context-Awareness Applications on Internet of Things. In: Second International Workshop on Near Field Communication, pp. 9–14 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Wiedmann, K.P., Reeh, M.O., Schumacher, H.: Near Field Communication im Mobile Marketing. In: Bauer, H., Bryant, M., Dirks, T. (eds.) Erfolgsfaktoren des Mobile Marketing, pp. 305–325. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Holleis, P., Broll, G., Böhm, S.: Advertising with NFC. In: The Eighth International Conference on Pervasive Computing, pp. 1–10. Worldpress, Helsinki (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Sánchez-Silos, J.J., Velasco-Arjona, F.J., Ruiz, I.L., Gomez-Nieto, M.A.: An NFC-Based Solution for Discount and Loyalty Mobile Coupons. In: Proceedings of the 2012 4th International Workshop on Near Field Communication, pp. 45–50. IEEE Computer Society (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Milosevic, B., Farella, E., Benini, L.: Continuous gesture recognition for resource constrained smart objects. In: The Fourth International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies, UBICOMM 2010, pp. 391–396 (2010)Google Scholar