Autonomous Agents in Dynamic Environment: A Necessary Volatility of the Knowledge
Completely autonomous vehicles should allow to decrease greatly the number of accident victims, and should allow gains in terms of performance and economy. Interactions among the different vehicles allowing them to choose the best path, the best behaviour is one of the main challenges. We propose in this paper a model of volatile knowledge dedicated to mobile agents on a traffic network. This model of knowledge and the principles of interactions allow to propagate new knowledge with a limited number of messages. For that, a degradation coefficient of the knowledge is proposed. The principles have been validated by a simulation with software agents, and by a real application on mobile robots acting like autonomous vehicles.
KeywordsMobile Robot Dynamic Environment Mobile Agent Autonomous Agent Speed Limit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dresner, K., Stone, P.: Mitigating catastrophic failure at intersections of autonomous vehicles. In: AAMAS Workshop on Agents in Traffic and Transportation, Portugal, pp. 78–85 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Klügl, F.: Agent-based simulation engineering. Habilitation thesis (July 2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Macal, C.M., North, M.J.: Agent-based modeling and simulation: ABMS examples. In: Proceedings of the 40th Conference on Winter Simulation, WSC 2008, pp. 101–112 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Allen, T.M., Lunenfeld, H., Alexander, G.J.: Driver information needs. Highway Research Board 36, 102–115 (1971)Google Scholar
- 7.Lochert, C., Hartenstein, H., Tian, J., Fussler, H., Hermann, D., Mauve, M.: A routing strategy for vehicular ad hoc networks in city environments. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 156–161 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Vercouter, L., Jamont, J.-P.: Lightweight trusted routing for wireless sensor networks. In: Demazeau, Y., Pechoucek, M., Corchado, J.M., Pérez, J.B. (eds.) PAAMS 2011. AISC, vol. 88, pp. 87–96. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar