Implementation of an Event Information Sharing Support System Utilizing OpenStreetMap
Information systems that enable adding and sharing of event information on maps continue to attract more and more attention. In this paper, we propose a mapping information system that focuses on adding and sharing event information. We also introduce a new cache mechanism to more efficiently process OpenStreetMap API and implement a recommender function based on collaborative filtering as an event information filtering method. Our system was employed at Aichi Triennale 2013, a performing-arts event in Japan. We evaluated the effectiveness of our system by analyzing web accesses and interviews with NPO volunteers who served as joint researchers.
KeywordsInformation System OpenStreetMap Collaborative filtering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.OpenStreetMap: http://www.openstreetmap.org
- 2.Hayakawa, T., Imi, Y., Ito, T.: An Analysis on Community Activity based on Geo Information Data of OpenStreetMap in Japan. In: The Fifth International Workshop on Emergent Intelligence on Networked Agents (WEIN 2013) (May 6, 2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Hayakawa, T.: An Introduction about a Use Case of the OpenStreetMap at Shinshiroshitara Promotion Office, Aichi Prof., Japan (2011), http://www.ospn.jp/osc2011-fall/pdf/osc2011fall_OSM_MikawaSankan.pdf
- 4.Joachims, T., Granka, L., Pan, B., Hembrooke, H., Gay, G.: Accurately interpreting click-through data as implicit feedback. In: The 28th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2005), August 15-19 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Segaran, T.: Programming Collective Intelligence. O’Reilly Media (August 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Miller, C.C.: A Beast in the Field: The Google Maps Mashup as GIS/2. Cartographica: The International Journal for Geographic Information and Geovisualization 41(3) (Fall 2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Cramer, H., Rost, M., Holmquist, L.E.: Performing a check-in: Emerging practices, norms and ‘conflicts’ in location-sharing using foursquare. In: MobileHCI 2011 Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services, pp. 57–66 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Suzuki, R., Kawaguchi, S., Otsuka, T., Ito, T.: An Implementation to Smartphone of A Geolocation Information-sharing System. In: The 74th National Convention of IPSJ (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Aichi Triennale 2013 Official Web Site: http://aichitriennale.jp/english/
- 10.NPO: Aichi Triennale 2013 City Vitalization Project: http://machitori2013.com