ALMM Solver - A Tool for Optimization Problems
The aim of our paper is to present the concept and structure of a software tool named the ALMM Solver. The goal of the solver is to generate solutions for discrete optimization problems, in particular for NP-hard problems. The solver is based on Algebraic Logical Meta-Model of Multistage Decision Process (ALMM of MDP) methodology, which is briefly described in the paper. Functionality and modular structure of the ALMM Solver is presented. SimOpt, the core module of the solver, is described in detail. Some possible future advances regarding the solver are also given.
Keywordssolver optimizer algebraic-logical meta-model (ALMM) multistage decision process scheduling problem simulation tool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Danping, L., Lee, C.K.M., Zhang, W.: Integrated GA and AHP for re-entrant flow shop scheduling problem. In: IEEE International Conference on Quality and Reliability, ICQR (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Dudek-Dyduch, E.: Formalization and Analysis of Problems of Discrete Manufacturing Processes. Scientific bulletin of AGH University, Automatyka, vol. 54 (1990) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 8.Evans, E.: Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software. Addison Wesley (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Grobler-Dębska, K., Kucharska, E., Dudek-Dyduch, E.: Idea of switching algebraic-logical models in flow-shop scheduling problem with defects. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, MMAR, pp. 532–537 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Hyun-Seon, C.: Scheduling algorithms for two-stage reentrant hybrid flow shops: minimizing makespan under the maximum allowable due dates. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Kucharska, E., Dutkiewicz, L., Grobler-Dębska, K., Rączka, K.: ALMM approach for optimization of the supply routes for multi-location companies problem. In: Skulimowski, A. (ed.) Advances in Decision Sciences and Future Studies - Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Knowledge, Information and Creativity Support Systems: Krakǫw, Poland, November 7-9, vol. 2, pp. 321–332 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Ligęza, A.: Improving Efficiency in Constraint Logic Programming Through Constraint Modeling with Rules and Hypergraphs. In: Federated Conf. on Computer Science and Information Systems, pp. 101–107. IEEE Computer Society Press (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Rossi, F., Van Beek, P., Walsh, T.: Handbook of Constraint Programming. Elsevier (2006)Google Scholar
- 16.Sze, S.N., Tiong, W.K.: A Comparison between Heuristic and Meta-Heuristic Methods for Solving the Multiple Traveling Salesman Problem. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 300–303 (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.Tomczuk-Piróg, I., Wójcik, R., Banaszak, Z.: Decision Support Systems Based on CLP Approach in SMEs. In: IEEE Conference on Emerging Technologies & Factory Automation, vol. 1-3, pp. 1078–1083 (2006)Google Scholar
- 20.Verginadis, Y., Apostolou, D., Papageorgiou, N., Mentzas, G.: An architecture for collaboration patterns in agile event-driven environments. In: 18th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises, WETICE 2009, pp. 227–230. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar