Application of Models of Relational Fuzzy Cognitive Maps for Prediction of Work of Complex Systems
The paper presents certain aspects of application of model of the Relational Fuzzy Cognitive Map (RFCM) for advanced analysis of activity of complex dynamic systems. Intelligent models, including various types of cognitive maps, are commonly used to study the effect of the selected parameter on the others or to classification of objects described by many parameters. RFCM model characteristics, in addition to the above uses, allows to use it also for modeling the work of systems with the internal dynamics. It follows that such a model can be used to predict the state of the system in the future steps of a discrete time. In the paper, selected results of testing just such a use of the RFCM model are described.
Keywordsrelational fuzzy cognitive map intelligent modeling fuzzy relations fuzzy numbers arithmetic of fuzzy numbers prediction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Carvalho, J.P., Tom, J.A.: Rule-based fuzzy cognitive maps - Expressing Time in Qualitative System Dynamics. In: Proc. of the FUZZ-IEEE 2001, Melbourne, Australia, pp. 280–283 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Dickerson, J.A., Kosko, B.: Virtual worlds as fuzzy cognitive maps. Presence 3(2), 173–189 (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Łachwa, A.: Fuzzy world of sets, numbers, relations, facts, rules and decisions. Akademicka Oficyna Wydawnicza EXIT, Warsaw (2001) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 6.Papageorgiou, E.I., Froelich, W.: Multi-step prediction of pulmonary infection with the use of evolutionary fuzzy cognitive maps. Neurocomputing (92/2012), 28–35 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Rutkowska, D., Piliński, M., Rutkowski, L.: Neural networks, genetic algorithms and fuzzy systems. PWN, Warsaw (1997) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 8.Rutkowski, L.: Methods and techniques of artificial intelligence. PWN, Warsaw (2005) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 9.Siraj, A., Bridges, S.M., Vaughn, R.B.: Fuzzy Cognitive Maps for Decision Support in an Intelligent Intrusion Detection System. In: IFSA World Congress and 20th NAFIPS International Conference, Vancouver, Canada, pp. 2165–2170 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Słoń, G.: Relational Fuzzy Cognitive Maps in Complex Systems Modeling. Wydawnictwo Politechniki Świetokrzyskiej, Kielce (2013) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 11.Słoń, G.: The Use of Fuzzy Numbers in the Process of Designing Relational Fuzzy Cognitive Maps. In: Rutkowski, L., Korytkowski, M., Scherer, R., Tadeusiewicz, R., Zadeh, L.A., Zurada, J.M. (eds.) ICAISC 2013, Part I. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 7894, pp. 376–387. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Stylios, C.D., Groumpos, P.P.: Fuzzy cognitive maps in modeling supervisory control systems. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 8(2), 83–98 (2000)Google Scholar