Smoothing Filters in the DART Algorithm
We propose new variants of the Discrete Algebraic Reconstruction Technique (DART) with a combined filtering technique. We also set up a test framework to investigate the influence of the filters for different number of sources and noise level in case of various parameters. Our results are produced by performing numerous reconstructions on the test data set. The reconstructed images were evaluated by locally using relatives mean error (RME) and globally by an ordered ranking system. The achievements are subjected and discussed. Finally we also suggest a filter parameter combination which gives a way to improve the quality of the DART reconstruction algorithm.
KeywordsDiscrete tomography Reconstruction quality DART Filtering Non-destructive testing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Batenburg, K.J., Sijbers, J.: Dart: A fast heuristic algebraic reconstruction algorithm for discrete tomography. In: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 2007, vol. 4, pp. IV–133–IV–136 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Chaudhury, K.N.: Acceleration of the shiftable O(1) algorithm for bilateral filtering and non-local means. CoRR abs/1203.5128 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Herman, G.T.: Fundamentals of Computerized Tomography: Image Reconstruction from Projections, 2nd edn. Springer Publishing Company, Incorporated (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Herman, G.T., Kuba, A.: Advances in Discrete Tomography and Its Applications (Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis). Birkhauser (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Kuba, A., Herman, G.T., Matej, S., Todd-Pokropek, A.: Medical applications of discrete tomography. In: Discrete Mathematical Problems with Medical Applications, DIMACS Workshop, DIMACS Center, Princeton, NJ, USA, December 8-10, 2000, pp. 195–208. AMS, American Mathematical Society, Providence (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Pereira, L.F.A., Roelandts, T., Sijbers, J.: Inline 3d x-ray inspection of food using discrete tomography. In: InsideFood Symposium, Leuven, Belgium (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Tomasi, C., Manduchi, R.: Bilateral filtering for gray and color images. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Computer Vision, ICCV 1998, pp. 836–846. IEEE Computer Society, Washington (1998)Google Scholar