Radiological Atlas for Patient Specific Model Generation
The paper presents the development of a radiological atlas employed in an abdomen patient specific model verification.
After a patient specific model introduction, the development of a radiological atlas is discussed.
Unprocessed database, containing DICOM images and radiological diagnosis presented. This database is processed manually to retrieve the required information. Organs and pathologies are determined and each study is tagged with specific labels, e.g. ‘liver normal’, ‘liver tumor’, ‘liver cancer’, ‘spleen normal’, ‘spleen absence’, etc. Selected structures are additionally segmented. Masks are stored as gold standard.
Web service based network system is provided to permit PACS-driven retrieval of image data matching desired criteria. Image series as well as ground truth images may be retrieved for benchmark or model-development purposes. The database is evaluated.
Keywordspatient specific model radiological database abdomen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Juszczyk, J., Piętka, E.: Automatic generation of initial points for CT abdominal organ segmentation. In: Proc. of 27th Int. Congress and Exhibition of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS), Heidelberg, Germany, vol. 8(suppl. 1), pp. 303–304 (June 2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Nishikawa, R.M.: Design of a common database for research in mammogram image analysis. In: Proc. SPIE, vol. 1905, pp. 548–549 (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Kallergi, M., Clark, R.A., Clarke, L.P.: Medical image databases for CAD applications in digital mammography: Design issues. Stud. Health Technol. Inform. 43, 601–605 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Heath, M., Bowyer, K., Kopans, D., Moore, R., Kegelmeyer, W.P.: The digital database for screening mammography. In: Yaffe, M.J. (ed.) Digital Mammography 2000: Proceedings of the Fifth International Workshop on Digital Mammography, pp. 431–434. Medical Physics, Madison (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Reeves, A.P., et al.: A public image database to support research in computer aided diagnosis. In: 31st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 3715–3718 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.The Cancer Imaging Archive, http://www.cancerimagingarchive.net/ (access: January 2014)
- 12.http://www.sliver07.org/ (access: January 2014)
- 13.3D-IRCADb database, http://www.ircad.fr/softwares/3Dircadb/3Dircadb.php (access: January 2014)