Urban Congestion: Arrangement Aamriw Intersection in Bejaia’s City
This study analyzes the traffic characteristics and management within Bejaia metropolis (Algeria). Large scale spatial and temporal land-use data were used to investigate the dynamics of land-use change in this area. In this paper, we considered the case of the intersection of Aamriw (Bejaia’s city), using discrete event simulation. This allowed us to calculate the main performance of the system with traffic lights and with the construction of a hopper. We present simulation results that show the validity of the queueing models in the computation of average travel times. These results allowed us to make a comparison between different versions, with traffic lights or with hopper.
KeywordsModeling and verification of processes in logistics-based systems Urban congestion Intersection Traffic lights Queueing Theory
- 2.Data on the road traffic on the level of the intersection of Aamriw, Public Works Management of the town of Bejaia (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Elmoudni, R., Ahadar, Y.: R. Laboratoire SeT-Université de Technologie Belfort-Montbéliard UTBM, Bouyekh. Minimisation des files d’attente d’une intersection isolée (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Raheja, T.: Modelling traffic congestion using queuing networks. Indian Acad. Sci. Part 4 35, 427–431 (2010)Google Scholar
- 19.Olaleye, O.T., et al.: A Markov chain approach to the dynamics of vehicular traffic characteristics in Abeokuta metropolis. Res. J. Appl. Sci. Eng. Technol. 1(3), 160–166 (2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Yonggang, L., Kyungyong, L.: Modeling Signalized Intersection Using Queueing Theory (2010)Google Scholar