Tableau Development for a Bi-intuitionistic Tense Logic
The paper introduces a bi-intuitionistic logic with two modal operators and their tense versions. The semantics is defined by Kripke models in which the set of worlds carries a pre-order relation as well as an accessibility relation, and the two relations are linked by a stability condition. A special case of these models arises from graphs in which the worlds are interpreted as nodes and edges of graphs, and formulae represent subgraphs. The pre-order is the incidence structure of the graphs. These examples provide an account of time including both time points and intervals, with the accessibility relation providing the order on the time structure. The logic we present is decidable and has the effective finite model property. We present a tableau calculus for the logic which is sound, complete and terminating. The MetTel system has been used to generate a prover from this tableau calculus.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Met]MetTeL website, http://www.mettel-prover.org
- [AO07]Aiello, M., Ottens, B.: The Mathematical Morpho-Logical View on Reasoning about Space. In: Veloso, M.M. (ed.) IJCAI 2007, pp. 205–211. AAAI Press (2007)Google Scholar
- [Bén00]Bénabou, J.: Distributors at Work (2000), http://www.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/~streicher/FIBR/DiWo.pdf
- [BHR07]Bloch, I., Heijmans, H.J.A.M., Ronse, C.: Mathematical Morphology. In: Aiello, M., Pratt-Hartmann, I., van Benthem, J. (eds.) Handbook of Spatial Logics, pp. 857–944. Springer (2007)Google Scholar
- [GPT10]Goré, R., Postniece, L., Tiu, A.: Cut-elimination and Proof Search for Bi-Intuitionistic Tense Logic. arXiv e-Print 1006.4793v2 (2010)Google Scholar
- [HV93]Heijmans, H., Vincent, L.: Graph Morphology in Image Analysis. In: Dougherty, E.R. (ed.) Mathematical Morphology in Image Processing, pp. 171–203. Marcel Dekker (1993)Google Scholar
- [ST13]Schmidt, R.A., Tishkovsky, D.: Using Tableau to Decide Description Logics with Full Role Negation and Identity. To appear in ACM Transactions on Computational Logic (2013)Google Scholar
- [Ser82]Serra, J.: Image Analysis and Mathematical Morphology. Academic Press (1982)Google Scholar
- [TS13]Tishkovsky, D., Schmidt, R.A.: Refinement in the Tableau Synthesis Framework. arXiv e-Print 1305.3131v1 (2013)Google Scholar
- [ZWC01]Zakharyaschev, M., Wolter, F., Chagrov, A.: Advanced Modal Logic. In: Gabbay, D., Guenthner, F. (eds.) Handbook of Philosophical Logic, vol. 3, pp. 83–266. Kluwer (2001)Google Scholar