Application of Network Analysis in Website Usability Verification
This paper describes the application of network analysis in website usability verification. In particular we propose a new automatic usability testing method by means of application of network motifs analysis. In our method motifs are constructed according to the patterns of visited web-pages by particular users, which define the relationships between the pairs of users.
KeywordsWebsite usability network analysis network motifs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barnum, C.M.: Usability testing and research. Longman (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Barnum, C.M.: Usability Testing Essentials: Ready, Set...Test! Elsevier (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.International Standard ISO 9241-11. Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals (VDTs) – Part 11: Guidance on Usability. ISO (1997) Google Scholar
- 4.Moha, N., Li, Q., Seffah, A., Michel, G.: Towards a Platform for Usability Remote Tests via Internet, http://www.ptidej.net/Members/mohanaou/paperOZCHI2004/OZCHI2004_Moha.pdf (accessed March 20, 2013)
- 5.Brush, B., Ames, M., Davis, J.: A Comparison of Synchronous Remote and Local Usability Studies for an Expert Interface, http://delivery.acm.org/10.1145/990000/986018/p1179-brush.pdf (accessed March 21, 2013)
- 6.Oztoprak, A., Erbug, C.: Field versus Laboratory Usability Testing: a First Comparison, www.aydinoztoprak.com/images/HFES_Oztoprak_.pdf (accessed March 21, 2013)
- 7.Tullis, T., Fleischman, S., McNulty, M., Cianchette, C., Bergel, M.: An Empirical Comparison of Lab and Remote Usability Testing of Web Sites, http://home.comcast.net/~tomtullis/publications/RemoteVsLab.pdf (accessed March 21, 2013)
- 8.Pearrow, M.: Web Site Usability Handbook. Charles River Media (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Juszczyszyn, K., Musiał, K., Kazienko, P., Gabryś, B.: Temporal Changes in Local Topology of an Email-Based Social Network. Computing and Informatics Computing and Informatics 28(6), 763–779 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Musiał, K., Juszczyszyn, K., Budka, M.: Triad transition probabilities characterize complex networks. Awareness Magazine Awareness Magazine (2012), doi:10.2417/3201209.004369Google Scholar