TPC State of the Council 2013
The TPC has played, and continues to play, a crucial role in providing the computer industry and its customers with relevant standards for total system performance, price-performance, and energy efficiency comparisons. Historically known for database-centric standards, the TPC is now developing benchmark standards for consolidation using virtualization technologies and multi-source data integration. The organization is also exploring new ideas such as Big Data and Big Data Analytics as well as an Express benchmark model to keep pace with rapidly changing industry demands. This paper gives a high level overview of the current state of the TPC in terms of existing standards, standards under development and future outlook.
KeywordsIndustry Standard Benchmarks Transaction Processing Performance Council
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nambiar, R., Poess, M. (eds.): TPCTC 2012. LNCS, vol. 7755. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Nambiar, R., Poess, M. (eds.): TPCTC 2011. LNCS, vol. 7144. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Nambiar, R., Poess, M. (eds.): TPCTC 2010. LNCS, vol. 6417. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Nambiar, R., Poess, M. (eds.): TPCTC 2009. LNCS, vol. 5895. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.VMware, Inc., http://www.vmware.com/products/vmmark/overview.html
- 7.Smith, W.D., Sebastian, S.: Virtualization Performance Insights from TPC-VMS, http://www.tpc.org/tpcvms/tpc-vms-2013-1.0.pdf