Different Artificial Bee Colony Algorithms and Relevant Case Studies
Solving optimization problems can be achieved by many optimization algorithms. Swarm algorithms are part of these optimizations algorithms which based on community-based thinking. Bio-inspired algorithms are these algorithms that are artificially inspired from natural biological systems. Artificial Bee colony algorithm is a modern swarm intelligence algorithm inspired by real bees foraging behavior, and real bees’ community communication techniques. This chapter discusses Artificial bee colony algorithm (ABC) and other algorithms that are driven from it such as “Adaptive Artificial Bee Colony” (AABC), “Fast mutation artificial bee colony” (FMABC), and “Integrated algorithm based on ABC and PSO” (IABAP). Comparisons between these algorithms and previous experiments results are mentioned.
The chapter presents some case studies of ABC like traveling salesman problem, job scheduling problems, and software testing. The study discusses the conceptual modeling of ABC in these case studies.
KeywordsArtificial bee colony (ABC) adaptive artificial bee colony (AABC) fast mutation artificial bee colony (FMABC) ABC case studies swarm intelligence evolutionary algorithms swarm intelligence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Rekaby, A., Youssif, A.A., Sharaf Eldin, A.: Introducing Adaptive Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm and Using It in Solving Traveling Salesman Problem. In: An International Conference of Science and Information (SAI), London, UK. IEEE (October 2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Karaboga, D., Akay, B.: A Comparative Study of Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm. Applied Mathematics and Computation Journal, 108–132 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Jones, K.O., Bouffet, A.: Comparison of Bees Algorithm, Ant Colony Optimisation and Particle Swarm Optimisation for Pid Controller Tuning. In: International Conference on Computer Systems and Technologies, CompSysTech 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, L., Zhou, G., Xu, Y., Wang, S., Liu, M.: An effective artificial bee colony algorithm for the flexible job-shop scheduling problem. Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. (September 2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Wong, L.-P., Low, M.Y.H., Chong, C.S.: A Bee Colony Optimization Algorithm for Traveling Salesman Problem. In: Second Asia International Conference on Modelling & Simulation, pp. 818–823. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Fatih Tasgetiren, M., Suganthan, P.N., Pan, Q.-K.: A Discrete Particle Swarm Optimi-zation Algorithm for the Generalized Traveling Salesman Problem. In: GECCO 2007. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Brown, P.: http://www.scilogs.com/from_the_lab_bench/super-hero-experiment-2-the-waggle-dance/ (October 19, 2013)
- 11.Dahiya, S.S., Chhabra, J.K., Kumar, S.: Application of Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm to Software Testing. In: 21st Australian Software Engineering Conference. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Bi, X., Wang, Y.: An Improved Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm. In: 3rd International Conference on Computer Research and Development (ICCRD). IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Shi, X., Li, Y., Li, H., Guan, R., Wang, L., Liang, Y.: An Integrated Algorithm Based on Artificial Bee Colony and Particle Swarm Optimization. In: Sixth International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC 2010) (2010)Google Scholar