DNA Feulgen Cytophotometry and Chromatin Diminution
The essential conditions for image acquisition and processing in the DNA image cytometry are revealed. To eliminate the specific cytometric errors we propose the calibration procedure for camera. Special test objects with different absorption are elaborated and made by photolithography. We first revealed chromatin diminution in two endemic Baikal species of Cyclopoida: Acanthocyclops incolotaenia and Diacyclops galbinus. We estimated the extent of chromatin diminution in Diacyclops galbinus as 95.5–96.2 %.
KeywordsDNA image cytometry camera Blood cells Chromatin diminution
We are very grateful to A. L. Novitsky—head of the Biological Station of the Limnological Institute—for help in carrying out investigations, as well as to researchers of the Limnological Institute of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences V. I. Teterina, A. V. Kupchinskii, and I. V. Khanaev and researchers from Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences G. V. Pokholkova and A. V. Ivankin for valuable assistance in the work. This work was supported by Interdisciplinary Integrational Project of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences no. 51M and by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, projects no. 12-08-00396-a, 09-08-00651 and 09-04-00854.
- 2.L.V. Omelyanchuk, I.G. Palchikova, V.F. Semeshin, A.L. Alekseeva, I.F. Zhimulev, Tsitologiya 52(4), 349–353 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.M. Puech, F. Giroud, Cytometry 36(1), 11–17 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.I.G. Palchikova, L.V. Omelyanchuk, E.I. Palchikov, E.S. Smirnov, V.F. Semeshin, Sens. Syst. Issue 3, 2–12 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.I.A. Magakian, E.M. Karalova, R.E. Khachikian, A.S. Avetisian, Tsitologiia 22, 1054 (1980)Google Scholar
- 7.E.M. Rasch, Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 247 (Clifton, NJ, 2004), p. 163Google Scholar
- 8.A.K. Grishanin, A.K. Shekhovtsov, T.V. Boĭkova, A.P. Akif’ev, I.F. Zhimulev, Tsitologiia 48, 379 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.V.F. Semeshin, L.V. Omel’ianchuk, A.L. Alekseeva, E.A. Ivankina, N.G. Sheveleva, I.F. Zhimulev, Tsitologiia 53, 285 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.E.A. Ivankina, A.L. Alekseeva, L.V. Omel’ianchuk, I.G. Pal’chikova, N.G. Sheveleva, S.V. Kiril’chik, I.F. Zhimulev, Tsitologiia 55, 52 (2013)Google Scholar