Online Identification of Primary Social Groups
Online group identification is a challenging task, due to the inherent dynamic nature of groups. In this paper, a novel framework is proposed that combines the individual trajectories produced by a tracker along with a prediction of their evolution, in order to identify existing groups. In addition to the widely known criteria used in the literature for group identification, we present a novel one, which exploits the motion pattern of the trajectories. The proposed framework utilizes the past, present and predicted states of groups within a scene, to provide robust online group identification. Experiments were conducted to provide evidence of the effectiveness of the proposed method with promising results.
Keywordssocial groups group identification online motion prediction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CliffsNotes - Social Groups, http://www.cliffsnotes.com/sciences/sociology/social-groups-and-organizations/social-groups
- 2.Rodriguez, M., Ali, S., Kanade, T.: Tracking in unstructured crowded scenes. In: 2009 IEEE 12th International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 1389–1396. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Reisman, P., Mano, O., Avidan, S., Shashua, A.: Crowd detection in video sequences. In: 2004 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 66–71. IEEE (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Yamaguchi, K., Berg, A.C., Ortiz, L.E., Berg, T.L.: Who are you with and where are you going? In: 2011 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 1345–1352. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Cupillard, F., Brémond, F., Thonnat, M.: Tracking groups of people for video surveillance. In: Video-Based Surveillance Systems, pp. 89–100. Springer (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Chang, M.-C., Krahnstoever, N., Ge, W.: Probabilistic group-level motion analysis and scenario recognition. In: 2011 IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), pp. 747–754. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Lasdas, V., Timofte, R., Van Gool, L.: Non-parametric motion-priors for flow understanding. In: Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE Workshop on the Applications of Computer Vision, WACV 2012, pp. 417–424. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/WACV.2012.6163049
- 14.Rasmussen, C.E., Williams, C.K.I.: Gaussian Processes for Machine Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning). The MIT Press (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Caviar dataset, http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/CAVIARDATA1
- 16.BEHAVE dataset, http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/BEHAVE/