Building Platform as a Service for High Performance Computing over an Opportunistic Cloud Computing
Platform as a Service providers deliver development and runtime environments for applications that are hosted on the Cloud. In this paper, we present a Platform as a Service model constructed over a desktop-based Cloud infrastructure for developing high performance computing applications taking advantage of unused resources opportunistically. We highlight the key concepts and features of the platform, as well as its innovation on an opportunistic computing and we present the results of several tests showing the performance of the proposed model.
KeywordsIaaS PaaS Cloud Computing High Performance Computing Opportunistic Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rosales, E., Castro, H., Villamizar, M.: Unacloud: Opportunistic cloud computing infrastructure as a service. In: Cloud Computing 2011, IARIA, pp. 187–194 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Vecchiola, C., Chu, X., Buyya, R.: Aneka: A software platform for .net-based cloud computing. CoRR abs/0907.4622 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Microsoft.: Windows Azure (2013), http://www.windowsazure.com/ (Online, accessed January 21, 2013)
- 4.De la Pava Torres, J.Y., Jimenez-Guarin, C.: Magoscloud secure: A secure, highly scalable platform for services in an opportunistic environment. In: 2012 Intl. Conf. on High Performance Computing and Simulation (HPCS), pp. 53–59 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Amazon.: High Performance Computing on AWS (2013), http://aws.amazon.com/hpc-applications/ (online accessed July 2013)
- 6.Iordache, A., Morin, C., Parlavantzas, N., Feller, E., Riteau, P.: Resilin: Elastic mapreduce over multiple clouds. In: 13th IEEE/ACM CCGrid, pp. 261–268 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.SabalcoreComputing.: Sabalcore Home (2013), http://www.sabalcore.com/ (accessed January 21, 2013)
- 9.Doelitzscher, F., Held, M., Reich, C., Sulistio, A.: Viteraas: Virtual cluster as a service. In: IEEE Int. Conf (CloudCom), pp. 652–657 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Texas-Advanced-Computer-Center: GotoBLAS2 (2013), http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/tacc-projects/gotoblas2 (accessed January 28, 2013)