Dependency-Based Query Scheduling in Distributed Data Warehouse Environment
A data warehouse is a representation of the elements and services of the warehouse, with particulars showing how the components will integrate with each other and how the usage of systems will grow over time. Finding the relevant information from a huge database is a hard task and consumes more time. This conflict is addressed using a query scheduling process in the data warehouse. In this paper, Dynamic Fault Tolerant Dependency Scheduling (DFTDS) algorithm has been proposed to schedule the queries based on their dependency and it automatically allocates the resources by checking the status of the virtual machine based on the acknowledgement of reply from client/user queries in distributed data warehouse systems. Experimental study of the proposed DFTDS algorithm shows a significant reduction in query processing time and memory utilization time compared with existing algorithms.
KeywordsDistributed Data Warehouse WINE Algorithm DFTDS Algorithm Food Mart dataset Consolidated Database System dataset
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rajan, A., Rawat, A., Verma, R.K.: Virtual Computing Grid using Resource Pooling. In: IEEE-Int. Conf. Information Technology, pp. 59–64 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Smith, J., Watson, P.: Fault-Tolerance in Distributed Query Processing, pp. 1–18 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Krishnaveni, S., Hemalatha, M.: Query Scheduling in Distributed Data Warehouse using DTDS and VMFTRS Algorithms. European Journal of Scientific Research 89(4), 612–625 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Krishnaveni, S., Hemalatha, M.: Query Management in Data Warehouse using Virtual Machine Fault Tolerant Resource Scheduling Algorithm. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 47(3), 1331–1337 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.The public files under CDBS are available at: http://www.fcc.gov/mb/databases/cdbs/