The Leading Eikonal Operator in String-Brane Scattering at High Energy
In this paper we present two (a priori independent) derivations of the eikonal operator in string-brane scattering. The first one is obtained by summing surfaces with any number of boundaries, while in the second one the eikonal operator is derived from the three-string vertex in a suitable light-cone gauge. This second derivation shows that the bosonic oscillators present in the leading eikonal operator are to be identified with the string bosonic oscillators in a suitable light-cone gauge, while the first one shows that it exponentiates recovering unitarity. This paper is a review of results obtained in Refs. [1, 2].
- 1.G. D’Appollonio, P. Di Vecchia, R. Russo and G. Veneziano, Microscopic unitary description of tidal excitations in high-energy string-brane scattering. J. High Energy Phys. (2010). arXiv:1310.1254 [hep-th].
- 2.G. D’Appollonio, P. Di Vecchia, R. Russo, G. Veneziano, High-energy string-brane scattering: Leading eikonal and beyond. J. High Energy Phys. 1011, 100 (2010). arXiv:1008.4773 [hep-th]
- 3.W. Black, C. Monni, High-energy string-brane scattering for massive states. Nucl. Phys. B 859, 299–320 (2012). arXiv:1107.4321 [hep-th]
- 4.M. Bianchi, P. Teresi, Scattering higher spins off D-branes. J. High Energy Phys. 1201, 161 (2012). arXiv:1108.1071 [hep-th]
- 7.M.B. Green, M. Gutperle, Light cone supersymmetry and d-branes. Nucl. Phys. B476, 484–514 (1996). arXiv:hep-th/9604091