Pervasive System for the Local Tow-Truck Service
This paper presents the development of a pervasive system prototype for the Local Tow-Truck service. This system makes it possible to video, process, store and transfer each service carried out by the company with any of the tow-trucks in its fleet. The data are administered by the tow-truck operators by means of mobile devices and are temporarily stored in a system on board the tow-truck in question. On arrival at their base, these data are automatically transferred to a common repository, which can be accessed from the offices of the central municipal vehicle pound. The aim of this system is to enable the Local Tow-Truck Service to certify the quality and safety of each transfer and guarantee the state of the transported vehicle at all times, and thereby to respond to any potential claims.
Keywordspervasive systems intelligent transport systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Räty, T.D.: Survey on Contemporary Remote Surveillance Systems for Public Safety. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics 35(1), 164–182 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Vu, V., et al.: Audio-video event recognition system for public transport security. In: International Conference on Crime Detection and Prevention (ICDP 2006), London, pp. 1–6 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Bigdeli, A., Lovell, B.C., Sanderson, C., Shan, T., Chen, S.: Vision Processing in Intelligent CCTV for Mass Transport Security. In: IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Applications for Public Security and Forensics (SAFE 2007), Washington, DC, pp. 1–4 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Ahmad, I., Habibi, D.: High Utility Video Surveillance System on Public Transport Using WiMAX Technology. In: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Sydney, pp. 1–5 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Yarali, A., Ahsant, B., Rahman, S.: Wireless Mesh Networking: A Key Solution for Emergency & Rural Applications. In: Second International Conference on Advances in Mesh Networks (MESH 2009), Athens, pp. 143–149 (2009)Google Scholar