Character Visualization in Miniature Environments with an Optical See-through Head-Mounted Display
In this paper, we present a visualization method of virtual characters to provide augmented reality (AR) experiences for a user wearing an optical see-through head-mounted display (HMD). First of all, we execute plane detection to find position of a user’s real desk. Second, we perform position update of virtual characters to connect real-time location information for reflecting the height of miniature objects on the desk. Finally, we visualize virtual characters that is involved in environmental properties with the optical based see-through HMD. Our method can be applied to AR contents with respect to contexts of environmental information surrounding the user such as miniature elements.
KeywordsAugmented reality virtual character see-through HMD
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hannah, S., Bruce, T., Rudi, V.: Tangible User Interaction Using Augmented Reality. In: Proceedings of the Third Australasian Conference on User Interfaces, pp. 13–20 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Nadia, M.T., George, P.: Virtual Worlds and Augmented Reality in Cultural Heritage. In: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Recording, Modeling and Visualization of Cultural Heritage (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Sam, C.D., Andreas, D., Adrian, C.: An Interactive Augmented Reality System for Exposure Treatment. In: Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality. IEEE Xplore Digital Library (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Silicon micro display, http://www.siliconmicrodisplay.com
- 7.Ha, T.J., Kim, K.Y., Park, N.Y., Seo, S.C., Woo, W.T.: Miniature Alive: Augmented reality based interactive digilog experience in miniature exhibition. In: Proceedings of CHI 2012, pp. 1067–1070. ACM Press (2012)Google Scholar