Incomplete Encryption Based on Multi-channel AES Algorithm to Digital Rights Management
DRM (Digital Rights Management) systems is the promising technique to allow the copyrighted content to be commercialized in digital format without the risk of revenue loss due to piracy. However, traditional DRMs are achieved with individual function modules of cryptography and watermarking. Therefore, all digital contents are temporarily disclosed with perfect condition via decryption process in the user side and it becomes the risk of illegal redistribution. In this paper, we propose an incomplete encryption based on multi-channel AES algorithm (MAA) to control the quality of digital contents as a solution in DRM system. We employed the multi-channel AES algorithm in the incomplete cryptography to imitate multimedia fingerprint embedding. Our proposed method can trace the malicious users who redistribute the digital contents via network. We make this scenario more attractive for users by preserving their privacy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Serrao, C., Naves, D., Barker, T., Balestri, M., Kudumakis, P.: Open SDRM? an open and secure digital rights management solution (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Chang, H., Atallah, M.J.: Protecting Software Code by Guards. In: DRM f01: ACM CCS-8 Workshop on Security and Privacy in Digital Rights Management, pp. 160–175 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Seki, A., Kameyama, W.: A Proposal on Open DRM System Coping with Both Benefits of Rights-Holders and Users. In: IEEE Conf. on Image Proceedings, vol. 7, pp. 4111–4115 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Federal Information Processing Standards Publication: Announcing the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), FIPS (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Tachibana, T., Fujiyoshi, M., Kiya, H.: A method for lossless watermarking using hash function and its application for broadcast monitoring. IEICE Technical Report, ITS 103(640) 103(643), 13–18 (2004) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 10.T.84, Digital Compression and Coding of Continuous-tone still Images - Requirements and Guidelines. International Telecommunication Union (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Iwakiri, M., Thanh, T.M.: Fundamental Incomplete Cryptography Method to Digital Rights Management Based on JPEG Lossy Compression. In: The 26th IEEE International Conf. on AINA, pp. 755–762 (2012)Google Scholar