Statistical Language Aspects of Intonation and Gender Features Based on the Lithuanian Language
The article deals with one of modern speech technology trends – defining of language aspects applicable in various tasks. It is proposed a method that is based on typical statistical performance for pitch pattern of chosen language. Obtained typical ranges of parameter variation are compared for languages of different language families: Lithuanian on one side and Uzbek and Azerbaijani on the other side. It is also presented a gender analysis of intonation patterns for Lithuanian speech.
Keywordsspeech technologies statistical aspects of intonation the Lithuanian language
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Koval, S.L., Labutin, P.V., Pekhovskiy, T.S., Proshchina, E.A., Smirnova, N.S., Talanov, A.O.: Method of speaker voice and speech identification based on phonogram complex analysis. In: Dialog 2007 (2007), http://www.dialog-21.ru/digests/dialog2007/materials/html/39.htm (retrieved June 7, 2013)
- 2.Smirnova, N.S.: Speaker Identification based on the comparison of utterance pitch contour parameters. In: Dialog 2007 (2007), http://www.dialog-21.ru/digests/dialog2007/materials/pdf/77.pdf (retrieved June 7, 2013)
- 3.O’Connor, J., Arnold, G.: Intonation of colloquial English. Longman, London (1973)Google Scholar
- 4.Bryzgunova, E.A.: Intonation. In: Russian Grammar, Moscow, vol. 1, pp. 96–123 (1980)Google Scholar
- 5.Svetozarova, N.D.: Prosodic System of the Russian language. Leningrad University Press, Leningrad (1982)Google Scholar