Three-Stage Method of Text Region Extraction from Diagram Raster Images
In the paper the combined approach to the problem of text region recognition problem is presented. We focused our attention on the chosen case of text extraction problem from specific type of images where text is imposed over graphical layer of vector images (charts, diagrams, etc.). For such images we proposed three-stage method using OCR tools as some kind of feed-back in process of text region searching. Some experimental results and examples of practical applications of recognition method are also briefly described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Babu, G., Srimaiyee, P., Srikrishna, A.: Text extraction from hetrogenous images using mathematical morphology. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 39–47 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Epshtein, B., Ofek, E., Wexler, Y.: Detecting text in natural scenes with stroke width transform. In: Proc of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR, pp. 2963–2970 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Gllavata, J., Ewerth, R., Freisleben, B.: Proc. of 3rd International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, ISPA 2003, Rome, pp. 611–616 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, X., Samarabandu, J.: Multiscale edge-based text extraction from complex images. In: Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo., pp. 1721–1724. IEEE Computer Society (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Paleo, B.: Levenshtein distance: Two Application in Data Base Record Linkage and Natural Language processing. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Wu, V., Manamatha, R., Riseman, E.: Finding text in images. In: Proc. of the Second ACM International Conference on Digital Libraries, pp. 3–12 (1997)Google Scholar