The Print-Scan Problem in Printed Steganography of Face Images
- 2.2k Downloads
The use of steganography and watermarking techniques for a secure identification and automatic authentication of the holder’s photo in an ICAO-consistent (travel) document is proposed. A specific distortion of the hidden watermarks is caused by the print-scan process, as a printed photo is scanned to constitute the reference pattern in face verification. The main distortions induced by this process are identified - image rotation and cropping, nonlinear intensity change and additive color quantization noise. Three steganography methods are selected and adapted for this application. They provide hidden watermark insertion in the image domain, the Fourier-Mellin transform domain or in a net of normalized triangle regions. Test results induce the conditions for the proper use of these methods.
KeywordsSteganography Method Hide Information Carrier Image Complex Block Document Holder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alattar, A.M., Meyer, J.: Watermark re-synchronization using log-polar mapping of image autocorrelation. In: ISCAS 2003, Proceedings of the 2003 International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 2, pp. 928–931 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Blackledge, J.: Cryptography and Steganography. New Algorithms and Applications. Center for Advanced Studies, WUT Warszawa (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.N N Fujitsu Laboratories Printable Steganography (2004), http://jp.fujitsu.com/group/labs/techinfo/techguide/list/steganography.html
- 7.Kasprzak, W., Cichocki, A.: Hidden Image Separation From Incomplete Image Mixtures by Independent Component Analysis. In: 13th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition, ICPR 1996, vol. II, pp. 394–398. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Lin, C.Y., Chang, S.F.: Distortion modeling and invariant extraction for digital image print-and-scan process. In: Int. Symposium Multimedia Information Processing (December 1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Lipiński, P.: Watermarking software in practical applications. Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences Technical Sciences 59(1), 21–25 (2011)Google Scholar