Model of Syntactic Recognition of Distorted String Patterns with the Help of GDPLL(k)-Based Automata
The process of syntactic pattern recognition consists of two main phases. In the first one the symbolic representation of a pattern is created (so called primitives are identified). In the second phase the representation is analyzed by a formal automaton on the base of a previously defined formal grammar (i.e. syntax analysis / parsing is performed). One of the main problems of syntactic pattern recognition is the analysis of distorted (fuzzy) patterns. If a pattern is distorted and the results of the first phase are wrong, then the second phase usually will not bring satisfactory results either. In this paper we present a model that could allow to solve the problem by involving an uncertainty factor (fuzziness/distortion) into the whole process of syntactic pattern recognition. The model is a hybrid one (based on artificial neural networks and GDPLL(k)-based automata) and it covers both phases of the recognition process (primitives’ identification and syntax analysis). We discuss the application area of this model, as well as the goals of further research.
KeywordsProbabilistic Neural Network Uncertainty Factor Load Forecast Formal Grammar Input Tape
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bunke, H.O., Sanfeliu, A. (eds.): Syntactic and Structural Pattern Recognition — Theory and Applications. World Scientific, Singapore (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Emary, I.M., Ramakrishnan, S.: On the Application of Various Probabilistic Neural Networks in Solving Different Pattern Classification Problems. World Applied Sciences Journal 4, 772–780 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Fu, K.S.: Syntactic Pattern Recognition and Applications. Prentice Hall (1982)Google Scholar
- 11.Jurek, J., Peszek, T.: On the use of syntactic pattern recognition methods, neural networks, and fuzzy systems for short-term electrical load forecasting. Advances in Soft Computing, pp. 851–858. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Pavlidis, T.: Structural Pattern Recognition. Springer (1977)Google Scholar
- 14.Peszek, T.: Neuro–Fuzzy Prediction Systems in Energetics. Schedae Informaticae 15, 73–94 (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Tadeusiewicz, R.: Sieci neuronowe. Akademicka Oficyna Wydawnicza, Warszawa (1993)Google Scholar
- 18.Tadeusiewicz, R., Flasiński, M.: Rozpoznawanie Obrazów. Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, Warszawa (1991)Google Scholar