Semantic Annotation and Retrieval of Services in the Cloud
Recently, the economy has taken a downturn, which has forced many companies to reduce their costs in IT. This fact has, conversely, benefited the adoption of innovative computing models such as cloud computing, which allow businesses to reduce their fixed IT costs through outsourcing. As the number of cloud services available on the Internet grows, it is more and more difficult for companies to find those that can meet their needs. Under these circumstances, enabling a semantically-enriched search engine for cloud solutions can be a major breakthrough. In this paper, we present a fully-fledged platform based on semantics that (1) assist in generating a semantic description of cloud services, and (2) provide a cloud-focused search tool that makes use of such semantic descriptions to get accurate results from keyword-based searches. The proposed platform has been tested in the ICT domain with promising results.
KeywordsCloud Computing Cloud Service Domain Ontology Semantic Annotation Semantic Description
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sam, C., et al.: Armadillo: Integrating knowledge for the semantic web. In: Proceedings of the Dagstuhl Seminar in Machine Learning for the Semantic Web (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Cuenca-Grau, B., et al.: Extracting Modules from Ontologies: A Logic-based Approach. In: Proc. of the 3rd OWL Experiences and Directions Workshop. CEUR, vol. 258 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Happel, H.-J., et al.: KOntoR: An Ontology-enabled Approach to Software Reuse. In: Proc. of the 18th Int. Conf. on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, SEKE, San Francisco (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Hartig, O., et al.: Designing Component-Based Semantic Web Applications with DESWAP. In: Proceedings of the Poster and Demonstration Session at the 7th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), Karlsruhe, Germany (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Ortegón-Cortázar, G., et al.: Adding semantics to cloud computing to enhance service discovery and access. In: do Nascimento, R.P.C. (ed.) Proceedings of the 6th Euro. American Conference on Telematics and Information Systems (EATIS 2012), pp. 231–236. ACM, New York (2012), http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2261605.2261639, doi:10.1145/2261605.2261639CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Salton, G., McGill, M.J.: Introduction to modern information retrieval. McGraw-Hill (1983) ISBN 0070544840Google Scholar
- 15.Tissaoui, A., et al.: EVONTO: Joint evolution of ontologies and semantic annotations (short paper). In: Dietz, J. (ed.). Dans: International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Ontology Development (KEOD 2011). INSTICC - Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication, pp. 1–6 (2011)Google Scholar