Towards an Adaptable Mobile Agents’ Management System
Mobile agent is the software paradigm that has been widely employed from comparatively small system to complex industrial system to realize their activities. The key features of a mobile agents’ management system are the agent management, communication management, agent mobility and monitoring management. The real challenge arises when developing such a system from scratch for each application domain. Such a process is effort and time consuming. System developers have to spend more time and effort to realize these features for each application domain. If system developers were to be provided by a software system approach that can adapt the system key features for different application domains, the development time and effort will be reduced considerably. In this paper, a mobile agents’ management system approach is developed that can be adapted by different application domains and is proved by implementing a case study traffic management system.
KeywordsAdaptation Mobile agent Multi agent system Adaptable mobile agents’ management system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kudenko, D., Kazakov, D., Alonso, E. (eds.): Adaptive Agents and Multi-AgentSystems II. LNCS (LNAI). Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Alonso, E., Kudenko, D., Kazakov, D. (eds.): Adaptive Agents and Multi-AgentSystems: Adaptation and Multi-Agent Learning. LNCS (LNAI). Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Bellifemine, F., Caire, G., Trucco, T. (eds.): JADE Programmer’s Guide. Telecom Italia S.p.A. (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.FIPA. FIPA agent message transport service specification (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Hacini, S., Cheribi, H., Boufaïda, Z.: Dynamic Adaptability using Reflexivity for Mobile Agent Protection. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 23 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Ledoux, T., Bouraqadi-Saâdani, N.: Adaptability in mobile agent systems using reflection. In: ECOOP (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.de Lara, E., Wallach, D.S., Zwaenepoel, W.: Puppeteer:Component based adaptation for mobile computing. Proceedings of the 3rd USENIX Symposium on Internet Technologies and Systems, 159–170 (March 2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Hachmi, N.A.: A Framework for Building Adaptive Mobile Agents. In: AAMAS 2005, Utrecht, NL, July 25-29 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Bellifemine, F., Caire, G., Trucco, T.: JADE Programmer’s Guide. Copyright (C) 2008 Telecom Italia S.p.A. (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Bellifemine, F., Poggi, A., Rimassa, G.: JADE - A FIPA-compliant AgentFramework. In: Proceedings of Practical Application of Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agents (PAAM 1999), London, UK, pp. 97–108 (April 1999)Google Scholar