Agent Mediated Electronic Market Enhanced with Ontology Matching Services and Emergent Social Networks
Agent technology has been applied in e-commerce to help coping with problems that arise due to its rapid growth. However, despite the amount of research in this area, the level of automation achieved is still limited. This is mainly due to the natural diversity existent in e-commerce environments, where agents may possess different conceptualizations about their needs and capabilities, giving rise to interoperability issues. In this paper we approach this problem and present the AEMOS system as a possible solution. AEMOS is an agent-based e-commerce platform that includes ontology matching services facilitating the interoperability between agents that have different conceptualizations about the same domain of knowledge. The system also explores emergent social networks in order to improve its efficiency by enhancing its ontology matching services and supporting agents in their decisions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cui-Mei, B.: Combining Intelligent Agent with the Semantic Web Services for Building An e-Commerce System. Paper presented at the 2009 IEEE International Conference on E-Business Engineering (ICEBE 2009), Macau, China, October 21-23 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Viamonte, M.J., Ramos, C., Rodrigues, F., Cardoso, J.: ISEM: A Multi-Agent System That Simulates Competitive Electronic MarKetPlaces. International Journal of Engineering Intelligent Systems for Electrical Engineering and Communications: Special Issue on Decision Support 15, 191–199 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, G., Wong, T.N., Wang, X.A.: Negotiation Protocol to Support Agent Argumentation and Ontology Interoperability in MAS-Based Virtual Enterprises. In: 2010 Seventh International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations (ITNG), April 12-14, pp. 448–453 (2010), doi:10.1109/ITNG.2010.39Google Scholar
- 7.Nascimento, V., Viamonte, M.J., Canito, A., Silva, N.: Enhancing ontology alignment recommendation by exploiting emergent social networks. Paper presented at the 2012 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (WI-IAT 2012), Macau, China (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Viamonte, M.J., Nascimento, V., Silva, N., Maio, P.: AEMOS: An Agent-Based Electronic Market Simulator With Ontology-Services And Social Network Support. Paper presented at the 24th European Modeling & Simulation Symposium (Simulation in Industry) (EMSS 2012), Viena, Austria (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Viamonte, M.J., Silva, N., Maio, P.: Agent-Based Simulation of Electronic Marketplaces With Ontology-Services. Paper presented at the 23rd European Modeling & Simulation Symposium (Simulation in Industry) (EMSS 2011), Rome, Italy (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Silva, N., Viamonte, M.J., Maio, P.: Agent-Based Electronic Market With Ontology-Services. Paper presented at the 2009, IEEE International Conference on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE 2009), Macau, China (2009)Google Scholar