Image Splicing Detection Based on Improved Markov Model
Digital image splicing detection is a new and important subject in image forensics. Research shows that Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) and Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) based Markov features are effective for image splicing detection. However, the state selection in the traditional Markov model was simply rounding the parameters and taking threshold value, which has not exploited the parameter distribute information. In this paper, a novel Markov state selection method is proposed. The approach matches states with parameters evenly according to fixed ratio calculated by pre-set state numbers. Experiments show that the improved Markov model achieves higher recognition accuracy rate compared with the traditional Markov model with the same feature dimension.
KeywordsDCT DWT Markov model State selection Image splicing detection
- 1.Nikolaidis N, Pitas I (1996) Copyright protection of images using robust digital signatures. In: Reeves SJ (ed) Proceeding on international conference on acoustics, speech, and signal processing. IEEE Press, Atlanta, GA, pp 216–217Google Scholar
- 4.Shi YQ, Chen C, Chen W (2007) A natural image model approach to splicing detection. In: Deepa K, Balakrishnan P (eds) 9th workshop on multimedia and security. ACM, New York, NY, pp 51–62Google Scholar
- 5.Columbia DVMM Research Lab (2004) Columbia image splicing detection evaluation dataset, http://www.ee.columbia.edu/ln/dvmm/downloads/authsplcuncmp.
- 6.Chen W, Shi, Y (2007) Image splicing detection using 2D phase congruency and statistical moments of characteristic function, In: Proc. SPIE, electronic imaging, security, steganography, watermarking of multimedia contents IX, San Jose, CA, 29 January–1 February, 2007, vol. 6505, pp. 0R–0SGoogle Scholar
- 7.Dong J, Wang W, Tan T, Shi Y (2008) Run-length and edge statistics based approach for image splicing detection. In: Digital watermarking, 7th international workshop, IWDW 2008, Busan, Korea, 10–12 November, 2008, pp. 76–87Google Scholar
- 8.Xudong Zhao, Jianhua Li, Shenghong Li and Shilin Wang (2010) Detecting digital image splicing in chroma spaces. International workshop on digital watermarking, Seoul, Korea, 1–3 October, 2010, LNCS, vol. 6526, pp. 12–22Google Scholar
- 10.Chang C-C, Lin C-J (2011) LIBSVM: a library for support vector machines. ACM Trans Intell Syst Technol 2(27):1–27. Software available at http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm