QoS Performance Evaluation Methods for High-Speed Railway Mobile Communication
In recent years, the high-speed railway has achieved rapid development in China. To ensure the operation security of high-speed trains, providing reliable communication services is the basic requirement. Since the complex radio propagation environment, the research on the high-speed wireless communication system performance evaluation methods has caused the concern of related researchers. In this paper, we introduce a new method, hardware-in-the-loop simulation (HILS) to measure and evaluate the system QoS (Quality of Services) performance in different mobile speed. We build the simulation system with a radio channel emulator and the GSM-R (Global System for Mobile Communication for Railway) network. In addition, we accomplish an accurate emulation of the propagation environment of Beijing–Shanghai high-speed railway testing segment with actual measured data. Based on this, we finally get the conclusion that the mobile speed has little impact on CSD (Circuit Switched Data) QoS performance, while affects GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) QoS performance obviously.
KeywordsPacket Loss Ratio Mobile Speed Testing Segment Transfer Delay HILS System
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant (No.61222105), the Key grant Project of Chinese Ministry of Education(No.313006), the Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University under Grant (IRT0949), the Beijing Jiaotong University basis research Grant (2010JBZ008), the State Key Laboratory of Rail Traffic Control and Safety (RCS2011ZZ002), Beijing Municipal Natural Science Foundation under Grant (4112048), Interdiscipline cooperation projects of the New-Star of Science and Technology supported by Beijing Metropolis, under grant no. xxhz201201.
- 2.Uhlirz M (1994) Concept of a GSM-based communication system for high-speed trains. In: IEEE 44th vehicular technology conference, Stockholm, Sweden, 1994Google Scholar
- 3.Zhangdui Zhong, Bo Ai, Qiuyan Liu, Siyu Lin (2009) Basis theory of railway digital mobile communication system. Tsinghua University Press and Beijing Jiaotong University Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 4.UNISIG. ERTMS/ETCS-Class 1 GSM-R Quality of Service Class 1 Requirments SUBSET-093, 2005Google Scholar
- 5.European Econamic Interest Group European Rail Traffic Management System. ETCS/GSM-R Quality of Service Operational Analysis, Reference EEIG: 04E1171, 2005Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu M, Zhong Z, Xiong L, Ding J, Lin S (2011) Hard-in-the-loop simulation of high-speed railway mobile communication. In: CHINACOM 2011 6th international ICST conference on, 2011, pp 1206–1210Google Scholar
- 7.COST207, Digital land mobile radio communications. Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, 1989Google Scholar