Dynamics of Artificial Markets on Irregular Topologies
We investigate the factors that influence the stability of artificial markets. We consider particularly the cases of goods, labour and money markets. On the one hand, we show that all the agents belonging to circuits of goods and labour markets remain available during the whole simulation. These particular topologies are stable. On the other hand, in the contrary, we show that the money market is sensitive to the existence of circuits. Systems with circuits crash and become chaotic with short-term loan duration.
KeywordsEconomical model Complex system Multilayer cellular automata on a graph Complex network Strongly connected components Lend-redeem
- 1.Di Matteo T, Aste T, Hyde ST (2003) Exchanges in complex networks: income and wealth distributions. In: The physics of complex systems (New advances and perspectives), pp 435–442 Google Scholar
- 4.Glattfelder JB (2010) Ownership networks and corporate control: mapping economic power in a globalized world. PhD thesis, ETH Zurich, Department of Management, Technology, and Economics Google Scholar
- 5.Razakanirina RM (2007) Cellular automata over graph applied on financial and goods flows simulation. Master’s thesis, University of Geneva, Computer Science Department Google Scholar
- 6.Chopard B, Falcone J-L, Razakanirina R, Hoekstra A, Caiazzo A (2008) On the collision-propagation and gather-update formulations of a cellular automata rule. In: ACRI proceedings, pp 144–151 Google Scholar
- 7.Razakanirina RM, Chopard B (2011, in press) Multilayer cellular automata on a graph applied to the exchanges of cash and goods. J Cell Autom Google Scholar