On a free boundary problem of earth dams with separated-variable filtration coefficients
The paper deals with a free boundary problem of a system of earth dams systems with unknown intermediate water levels and separated-variable filtration coefficients. Explicit formulas for the intermediate water levels and an approximate solution by the finite element method are given for the considered problem.
KeywordsFree boundary problems numerical analysis
1980 Mathematical subject classifications85d:35006 85g:65007
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.Y. Polubarinova Kochina, “The theory of groundwater movement,” Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J., 1962.Google Scholar
- Ngo Van Luoc and Ta Hong Quang, A stationary filtration problem for earth dams systems whose filtration coefficients can be separated, (In Russian), Reports of seminar of I. Vecua Institute of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 20, Tbilisi (1986), 65–69.Google Scholar
- Ngo Van Luoc, Ta Hong Quang and Le Kim Luat, An approximate solution of the filtration problem of earth dams systems by the finite element method, (In Vietnamese), Khoa hoc Tinh toan va Dieu khien, Vol. 1, No. 1 (1985), 21–26.Google Scholar
- Glowinski R., Lions J.L. and Tremolierers R. “Analyse numerique des inequations variationnelles,” Tome 1 et 2, Dunonod, Paris, 1976.Google Scholar
- Ciarlet P.G. “The finite element method for elliptic problems,” North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1977.Google Scholar
- Baiocchi C., Comicioli V., Guerri L. and Volpi G. Free boundary problems in the theory of fluid flow through porous media: A numerical approach, Laboratorio di Analisi Numerica, PAVIA (Italy), Publiazioni 29 (1973), 1–85.Google Scholar