Mobility Prediction in Wireless Networks Using Deep Learning Algorithm
- 32 Downloads
Recently, wireless-technologies and their users are rising due to productions of sensor-networks, mobile devices, and supporting applications. Location Based Services (LBS) such as mobility prediction is a key technology for the success of IoT. However, mobility prediction in wireless network is too challenging since the network becomes very condensed and it changes dynamically. In this paper, we propose a deep neural network based mobility prediction in wireless environment to provide an adaptive and accurate positioning system to mobile users. In the system development processes, firstly, we collect RSS values from three Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Base Stations (UAV-BSs). Secondly, we preprocess the collected data to get refine features and to avoid null records or cells. Thirdly, we exhaustively train the Long-short term memory (LSTM) network to find the optimum model for mobility prediction of the smartphone users. Finally, we test the designed model to evaluate system performances. The performance of the proposed system also compared with Multilayer Perceptron (MLP) algorithm to assess the soundness of mobility prediction model. The LSTM outperforms the MLP algorithm in different evaluating parameters.
KeywordsLong-short term memory Location based services Mobility prediction
This work was partially supported by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) under Grant numbers 108-2634-F-009-006 and 107-2221-E-027-025.
- 4.Anisetti, M., Bellandi, V., Damiani, E., Reale, S.: Advanced localization of mobile terminal. In: ISCIT 2007 - 2007 International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies, pp. 1071–1076, February 2007Google Scholar
- 6.Adege, A.B., et al.: Applying deep neural network (DNN) for large-scale indoor localization using feed-forward neural network (FFNN) algorithm. In: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Applied System Invention, ICASI 2018, vol. 11, pp. 814–817 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Oguejiofor, O.S., Okorogu, V.N., Abe, A., Osuesu, B.O.: Outdoor localization system using RSSI measurement of wireless sensor network outdoor localization system using RSSI measurement of wireless sensor network. Int. J. Innov. Technol. Explor. Eng. 2(2), 1–7 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Sri, M.S.: Tracking and Positioning of Mobile in telecommunication 1, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–47 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Samiei, M., Mehrjoo, M., Pirzade, B.: Advances of positioning methods in cellular networks. In: International Conference on Communications Engineering, pp. 174–178 (2010)Google Scholar