The Transition Towards E-Commerce Poverty Alleviation in Longnan
- 27 Downloads
In recent years, e-commerce alleviation has been an important initiative in China for poverty alleviation. This paper focuses on the case of e-commerce poverty alleviation implemented in Longnan, Gansu Province. This paper examines the three stages of e-commerce poverty alleviation taking place in Longnan over recent years and their characteristics, and explores the essence of e-commerce poverty alleviation, and the trends of specialized development. Finally, this paper proposes that e-commerce poverty alleviation in the future should be based on improving the quality of specialty agricultural products to increase the competitiveness of e-commerce; specialty agricultural products should be focused while extending product processing chain; specialized e-commerce companies should be cultivated to expand the scope of their operation and sales; integration between multiple industries should be promoted to improve the effectiveness of poverty alleviation.
KeywordsE-commerce poverty alleviation Specialty industry Transition
This research was supported by the Key Laboratory of Ethnic Information and E-commerce for Universities of Gansu Province (2018-5).
- 1.Zhao, Y.: What has e-commerce poverty alleviation brought to Longnan City, Gansu Province? http://www.360doc.com/content/18/0504/00/41849486_750936057.shtml. Accessed 04 May 2018
- 2.Wang, X., Zhang, C.: A new approach for poverty reduction and alleviation in China rural areas in the internet era: implications of the “Shaji Model”. Informatiz. Constr. (2) (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, K., Liu, R.: A comparative study of e-commerce poverty alleviation models in China’s rural areas. Rural Econ. Sci. Technol. 29(14) (2018). (total issue 442)Google Scholar
- 4.Wei, D., Sun, X.: Vigorously pushing forward the development e-commerce and big data industries is a breakout point for Longnan to achieve catching up as a late starter, New Gansu, 06 December 2018. Gansu Daily Network. http://www.longnan.gov.cn/8477094/16356952.html
- 5.Zhao, X.: Study of problems in the development of e-commerce poverty alleviation in rural areas and their countermeasures. 12th Issue of 2017 China Market (total issue: 931)Google Scholar
- 6.Shi, M.: Current status, problems and measures of the “Longnan model” of e-commerce poverty alleviation. 6th Issue of Productivity Research (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Hu, X.: Discussion on innovation of targeted poverty alleviation model in the context of big data. Southern Forum, September 2018Google Scholar
- 8.Zeng, Y., Guo, H., Jin, S.: Is e-commerce beneficial to farmers’ income? China’s Rural Econ., February 2018Google Scholar
- 9.Cui, J., An, Q.: Analysis of factors affecting e-commerce of agricultural products in Longnan based on structural equation. E-Bus. J., August 2018Google Scholar
- 10.Niu, Y.: Research on innovation and development of China’s e-commerce in the context of economic globalization. Bus. Econ. Res. (2017)Google Scholar