Hardening of Metal Matrix Composites with Ceramic Nanoparticles
- 19 Downloads
The importance that in the last decades have acquired the composite materials of metallic matrix with reinforcements of nano ceramic particles, not only for their extraordinary mechanical properties, finding applications in different branches of industrial technology such as automotive, naval, aerospace and others. This work aims to show how the hardening of this type of materials depends on: the type of reinforcement, the size and its characteristics, the interaction of the dislocations with the defects, the process of obtaining these materials and the grain size of the matrix for the materials obtained by fusion or the particle size for those obtained by sintered compacting.
KeywordsMetals hardening Nanoparticles Nano compounds
Metal matrix compounds
Polymeric matrix compounds
Ceramic matrix compounds
Nanocomposite metal matrix materials
Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
We would like to thank the Technical University of the North for sponsoring the development of this research.
- 3.Öksüz, K.E., Çevik, M., Bozdağ, A.E., Özer, A., Şimşir, M.: Production of (V-B) reinforced Fe matrix composites. Int. J. Mater. Metall. Eng. 8(8), 800–804 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Vani, V.V., Chak, S.K.: The effect of process parameters in aluminum metal matrix composites with powder metallurgy. Manuf. Rev. 5, 7 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Menezes, P.L., Ingole, S.P.. Nosonovsky, M., Kailas, S.V., Lovell, M.R.: Preface, vol. 9781461419457 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Attar, S., Nagaral, M., Reddappa, H.N., Auradi, V.: A review on particulate reinforced aluminum metal matrix composites. J. Emerg. Technol. Innov. Res. 2(2), 225–229 (2015)Google Scholar
- 18.U. City: Waku_JMS_1998.pdf, vol. 3, pp. 1217–1225 (1973)Google Scholar