Design of P-I-D Power System Stabilizer Using Oppositional Krill Herd Algorithm for a Single Machine Infinite Bus System
- 77 Downloads
In recent years different controllers have been come into picture so far is the betterment of Power System Utilization is considered such as FACTS Controller etc. Here a Synchronous generator is linked to a bus having voltage and frequency constant is modeled from Stator and rotor equations and after obtaining the state matrix through Heffron-Phillips constants eigenvalues are determined to comment on the system stability. Next the whole system is explored using Proportional-Integral-Differential Stabilizer (P-I-D PSS). The gains of P-I-D PSS have been adjusted towards the best possible values by Oppositional Krill Herd Algorithm (O.K.H.A), an optimizing tool. And it is done by curtailing the value of objective function using integral square error (I.S.E) technique. Results of dynamic responses are compared between with-PSS operation and without-PSS mode. From the plots, the improvement of using a PSS is clearly reflected to comment on the stability.
KeywordsSMIB system Power System Stabilizer PID controller Oppositional Krill Herd Algorithm
The authors acknowledge with sincere thanks for the assistance obtained from the deptt. of Electrical Engg., Modern Institute of Engineering and Technology, West Bengal and particularly Dr. Shiv Shankar Saha, Professor and HOD of Deptt. of Electrical Engineering, Kalyani Govt. Engg. College, West Bengal. Deep regards also go to our fellow seniors and friends in the concerned department.
- 2.Sadikovic, R.: Single-machine infinite bus system. Internal report (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Baadji, B., Bentarzi, B., Bouaoud, A.: SMIB power system model with PSS for transient stability studies. In: 2017 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering - Boumerdes (ICEE-B) (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Hou, Y.H., Wu, Y.W., Lu, L.J., Xiong, X.Y.: Generalized ant colony optimization for economic dispatch of power systems. In: International Confernce on Power System Technology, vol. 1, 225–229 (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Wong, K.P., Fung, C.C.: Simulated annealing based economic dispatch algorithm. In: IEEE Proceedings Generation Transmission Distribution, vol. 140, no. 6, pp. 509–515 (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.Padiyar, K.R.: Power System Dynamics Stability and Control. BS Publication, Hyderabad (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.IEEE Task Force, “Current usage and suggested practices in power system stability simulations for synchronous machines”. In: IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. EC-1, no.1, pp. 77–93 (1986)Google Scholar
- 17.Kundur, P.: Power system Stability and Control. Tata McGraw-Hill, New York (1994)Google Scholar
- 18.Anderson, P.M., Fouad, A.A.: Power System Control and Stability, I edn. Iowa State University Press, Ames (1977)Google Scholar
- 19.Shayeghi, H., Younesi, A., Hashemi, Y.: Simultaneous tuning of multi-band power system stabilizer and various ipfc-based damping controllers: an effective method for mitigation of low frequency oscillations. Int. J. Mech. Electr. Comput. Technol. 5(17), 2443–2454 (2015)Google Scholar
- 25.Guha, D., et al.: Application of Krill Herd algorithm for optimum design of load frequency controller for multi-area power system network with generation rate constraint. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Frontiers in Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications (FICTA), pp 245–257 (2015)Google Scholar