Comparative Analysis of FACTS Coordinated Hybrid Power System with RFB for AGC Using GOA Based F-2DOF-PID Controller
- 83 Downloads
This article considered a two equal-area multi-unit interconnected system comprising of thermal, hydro, and wind generators in each area for the study of automatic generation control. Initially, the performance of proposed Grasshopper optimization algorithm (GOA) based fuzzy-two degree of freedom-PID (F-2DOF-PID) type secondary controller is verified over other popular controllers like conventional PID, two degrees of freedom-PID (2DOF-PID) and fuzzy-PID (F-PID). As the integration of flexible AC transmission system (FACTS) and Energy storage system (ESS) improves the dynamic performances of an interconnected system so, the study is further extended to verify the effect and compare the performance of different FACTS devices coordinated with RFB type ESS for the same system by employing GOA based F-2DOF-PID controller. Finally, the system performance is verified in the presence and absence of FACTS and RFB with the application of random variation of load pattern.
KeywordsAutomatic generation control Flexible AC transmission system Fuzzy-two degree of freedom-PID controller Grasshopper optimization algorithm Redox flow battery
Authors encompass their sincere obligations to TEQIP-III and EE department, NIT Silchar, for encouragement and funding towards this work.
- 1.Kundur, P.: Power System Stability and Control. 8th Reprint. Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Tripathy, D., Barik, A.K., Dev Choudhury, N.B., Sahu, B.K.: Performance comparison of SMO-based fuzzy PID controller for load frequency control. In: Bansal, J., Das, K., Nagar, A., Deep, K., Ojha, A. (eds.) Soft Computing for Problem Solving, pp. 879–892. Springer, Singapore (2019)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Tripathy, D., Sahu, B.K., Patnaik, B., Dev Choudhury, N.B.: Spider monkey optimization based fuzzy-2D-PID controller for load frequency control in two-area multi source interconnected power system. In: IEEE Conference on Technology for Smart-City Energy Security and Power, pp. 1–6 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Hingorani, N.G., Gyugyi, L.: Understanding FACTS: Concepts and Technology of FACTS. IEEE Press, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Barik, A.K., Tripathy, D., Mohanty, A.K.: Detection & mitigation of power quality disturbances using WPT & FACTS technology. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Technol. Res. 2, 336–343 (2013)Google Scholar
- 18.Tripathy, D., Dev Choudhury, N.B., Sahu, B.K.: Comparative analysis of FACTS coordinated hybrid power system with RFB for AGC using GOA based F-2DOF-PID controller. J. Adv. Res. Dyn. Control Syst. 11, 1530–1542 (2019). 05-Special IssueGoogle Scholar